Saturday, February 26, 2011

why in the hull?

let me start by saying that i LOVE popcorn.  it is one of my favorite foods.  especially since i have started my recent calorie-counting diet, i have been having popcorn as my nightly snack.  which bring up an important question...WHY does popcorn insist on having those stupid hulls?  and WHY do they always find their way into the space between your gums and teeth?  i have one stuck that has been bugging me like crazy.  i have flossed (many times) and feel like i am constantly trying to pick it out with my fingernail.  to no avail.  anyone know a good way to get them out?  cause my gum is killing me!

that's my rant for the day :-)  but on the topic of snacks, i have been struggling to come up with some good snacks that are low-calorie to keep me on track for my diet.  what are your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I like string cheese...pretty low cal (like 60-80 for the mozzarella) and 5-10 grams of protein. Cottage cheese is good, too (meaning, low cal and high protein)...I can only eat it with Kaleigh's chunky applesauce mixed in. Half cup of each makes a nice snack!

    ReplyDelete